A downloadable Vive VR game for Windows
What would be the room scale version of a first person platformer game? We decided to find out and built this wonderful immersive demo.
The game runs on Windows and requires HTC Vive / SteamVR.
The game was made in a weekend during #ViveJamCph.
If you like Chrysalis Pyramid, stay tuned for the spiritual successor Eye of the Temple that's currently in development.
Bastian Leonhardt Strube
Rune Skovbo Johansen
Ruud op den Kelder
Special thanks to Julie Heide for making #ViveJamCph happen.
- Download and unzip the file.
- Make sure your SteamVR setup is up and running with proper tracking of headset and at least one controller.
- Start the game by opening the .exe file.
- Put on your headset and headphones.
Playing the game
- Start the game by stepping onto the platform.
- Watch out for things to dodge.
- You won't need the controller until quite a bit into the game where you can use it to direct laser beams towards spiky things.
- If you step onto a one-way platform and accidentally step off again right away, if will go on without you and you'll be stuck. You have to then step onto empty air to restart the game.